Old Saint Mary’s
The Saint Mary’s Catholic Church was erected by a handful of German immigrants in 1846. Its humble log structure soon became a central hub for faith, hope, and love in Fredericksburg and throughout the Hill Country. In 1861, the log church was replaced by a stone building. Now known as Old Saint Mary’s, this beloved church has been repurposed many times. Most notably, Old Saint Mary’s served as a Fredericksburg schoolhouse. Due to its significant role in the history of Fredericksburg, Old Saint Mary’s was recorded as a Texas Historical Landmark in 1996.